Anybody else having problems with the FireFox 3.5 Beta on Fedora 11 (and XFCE and opera)?

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Fri Jun 19 18:56:04 UTC 2009

I was running the FF 3.5 Beta (latest) on Fedora 10 with no real issues
but can't come close to running it on Fedora 11 (well, for more than
about 30 seconds that is).  Even in safe mode when it tries to load my
default home pages (cnn.com, bbc.co.uk, theregister.co.uk, and slashdot)
it starts loading and then crashes.  It's very frustrating.  I've since
moved to Opera in the interim but that's not a viable long-term solution
as it won't play any videos on any website (cnn, youtube, ebaumsworld,
thebacon, etc.).  I've never liked konqueror but I'm getting desperate.
So, anybody else seeing these issues.  FWIW, I'm running the
2.6.26.4-167 kernel, using XFCE as my environment.

Kevin