OT: router problems?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Jun 20 08:47:07 UTC 2009

Yesterday my Internet connection was verrrry slow.  Often when this happens,
on the netbook I issue 'ifdown wlan0', NM asks for the passphrase again, and
all is well, but this time it didn't help.  I then rebooted the router - no
improvement.  Then my visitors arrived and I did practically no more work
after that.

Looking at the logs, though, I see lots of repetitions of

Fri, 2009-06-19 23:59:09 - Initialize LCP.
Fri, 2009-06-19 23:59:09 - LCP is allowed to come up.
Fri, 2009-06-19 23:59:20 - CHAP authentication success

I assume that the router is re-setting itself - but why?  What is going on?

Anne