Error running Maple 7 on Fedora 10

William M. Quarles walrus at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 23 03:21:37 UTC 2009

Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 09-06-22 17:49:47, William M. Quarles wrote:
>> Tony Nelson wrote:
>>> Possibly it is a library search path problem?  See `man ldconfig`
>>> and ld.so.conf and ld.so.conf.d/.
>>>
>> I think that you are right, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about
>> it.
>>
>> I ran '/sbin/ldconfig', no help. I tried adding /usr/local/lib/ to
>> that command line in order to be sure that my relocated compat
>> libraries were found.
>>
>> [root at quarlewm2 bin]# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
>> include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
>
> FWIW, when I needed to I just added "/usr/local/lib" at the top of
> /etc/ld.so.conf, like the various files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/, and then
> ran `ldconfig` (no options or paths).

I don't know what "FWIW" means (for what it's worth?), but thanks for
the info. However, the error message "dirname: error while loading
shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory" still appears no matter what I try. Also since this
error started, I cannot get Gnome-Package-Kit Application
(gpk-application) to get past "Waiting for service to start" once I have
told it which packages to install.

Peace,
William