Unable to boot after upgrading from FC10 to FC11

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Wed Jun 24 07:32:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

After upgrading my laptop from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11 using the Fedora
11 i386 DVD, my system does not boot.  Instead of grub running
"normally" and booting up the new Fedora 11 image, it places me at a
grub prompt.

If I manually enter the root, kernel, initrd and then boot, my laptop
loads the new Fedora 11 OS as expected.  (I was able to look at
/boo/grub/grub.conf by booting up using the Fedora 11 32bit Live CD and
mounting my /boot partition.)

As I just mentioned, /boot is its own partition.

Running /sbin/grub-install, which claimed to have ran successfully, did
not change my boot problem.

Any suggestions?

--
   Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: /"There are 10 types of people in this world, those that
understand binary and those who don't."/