need to change non-existant xorg.conf

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Thu Jun 25 13:46:59 UTC 2009

On 25/06/09 21:06, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Using xrandr I get the following error message. I have been told that I need
> to change the virtual screen size in xorg.conf to fix this.
>
> however, when I went to do this I found that the file does not exist anywhere
> on my PC.  Anyone know how I can have a working X/KDE system (I'm using it
> now with kmail to write this) without this file.

Modern Xorg doesn't usually need one. It probes the hardware and display
system to work out what is required and applies a set of defaults. If
you have additional requirements or need to change any of the behaviour
then just create /etc/X11/xorg.conf with the required settings and it
will use it.

--
Ian Chapman.