Rough Fedora 11 Install, still not working

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 29 03:06:10 UTC 2009

> After the raid controller verifies the DMI pool it stops, ie. I do not
> see the grub menus. I booted into rescue mode and the file systems
> appears to be good. I did a complete reinstall again and have the same
> results.

You did make the /boot partition ext3, not ext4, right?

I have this: a non raid disk and two mirrored disks controlled by an LSI
MegaRaid card. The system is on the non raid disk and I'm able to boot. If
I wanted to boot off of the raid array I believe I had to tell the raid
controller to make the array bootable (I believe). Not sure 100% because
I'm booting off of the non raid disk so I didn't pay much attention, I
just remember seeing that in the controller bios. Do you have to do that
on the 3Ware?

If you have a spare disk, you may want to connect it to the motherboard,
install the system, or at least the /boot partition (as ext3) on that disk
and boot.