f10dvd installs but won't boot

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:49:55 UTC 2009

Craig responded:
Either...

A. let it boot up until the screen disappears...
press <Control><Alt><F2>

or

B. Press a key at the grub prompt and highlight the kernel with the
arrow keys and press the letter 'e', move down to the kernel line and
press the letter 'e'. Add a space and put in the number "3" to tell it
to boot to runlevel 3
---------------------------
jbyers:
A.   did not work, all it does is recover a blinking white  dash,
 no response to keyboard

B. I got partway thru this, i think including adding "3", then  I did
something wrong
  left with
grub>
I wasnt clear at this point  put in "boot"
got many error msgs

I finally went back to my fc5   and put a space and a "3"  at end of kernel line
in the f10 grub.conf.
This got me to login

I will try
yum update mkinitrd