very long "starting udev"

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 2 17:40:26 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 12:19 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I've noticed a distinct tendency in the machines at work for hardware
> failures to happen at the exact same time as software upgrades.

You get the same with electronics engineering.  While you're
prototyping, and it's a rat's nest of components cobbled together on the
bench, it works.  But try and put it in a box, and make it neat, and it
stops working.  Or it gets faulty lid syndrome - it only works when the
lid is taken off, so there must be something wrong with the lid...  ;-)

We've all had one of them, haven't we?  (Waits for Gene to chime in.)

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.