laptop overheating using F9

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 3 14:16:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 22:56 -0400, ADITYA KRISHNAN wrote:
> I have a HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop running Fedora 9. I notice that
> running it for more than an hour causes my laptop to overheat. The
> temperature screenlet displays the CPU temperature to be 80C,  which I
> believe is pretty high and I do not run any heavy applications.

You should say what you are doing, explicitly.  What you think aren't
heavy applications may be.  Firefox can peg a CPU with some pages, some
people have found disc indexing programs to be very CPU intensive.

If you just leave the laptop running without starting any applications,
and not running servers, does it still get hot?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.