Selinux disallows read-only loop mount of a file, but only at boot

David bouncingcats at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:02:54 UTC 2009

Reading http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/Troubleshooting/AVCMessages
I think I understand that this trouble is likely caused by my file
/HUGE/get/iso/Fedora-09-i386-DVD/Fedora-09-i386-DVD.iso having
context=default_t because it occurs under the top level filesystem
branch /HUGE created by me which would completely lack any context or
policy.

That would be why 'touch /.autorelabel; shutdown -r now' did not fix
the problem.

The questions are, before I can use restorecon, what is the best way
to fix this, and what tools do I use to determine what is the
appropriate context for mount to access this file at boot time