Re: No modules get loaded

Mick M. wrote:
Hello;
  I have F10, the two latest kernels.
I did a "insmod pvrusb2, and a depmod pvrusb2", under both kernels.

Now I do not have any modulles loaded at boot.
lsmod produces no output ?

modprobe.conf is empty.
I think most module load is triggered through (udev/hal) rules these days; my modprobe.conf only has:
alias eth0 forcedeth #nforce
alias scsi_hostadapter pata_amd #pci-sata card
install ipv6 /bin/true #kill ipv6
options snd cards_limit=8 # ?

, but I get a lot of modules loaded by the time I have a running desktop $ lsmod|wc
     56     200    2536

The man says modprobe is the way nowadays, along with rmmod.

DaveT.