install disk

Michael Shelby tekaryace at gmail.com
Wed May 6 18:39:55 UTC 2009

I downloaded drivers for my video card and it is a .run do I convert to a
rpm file or get a installer, I read the read me file for the down load but
got lost, it said to install,

 "The following packages must be installed in order for the CatalystTM Linux
driver to install and work properly:
• XFree86-Mesa-libGL
• libstdc++
• libgcc
• XFree86-libs
• fontconfig
• freetype
• zlib
• gcc
The Xinstall.sh script must be downloaded in binary mode, otherwise it will
not run correctly. If you get lots of "command not found" messages when you
try to run it, then it is most likely because the script was not downloaded
in binary mode. Some web browsers will not do this for files of that name,
so we also have a copy of it called "Xinstall.bin", and most browsers should
download that correctly. When downloading it under this name, select "save
as" on your browser, and save the file under the name "Xinstall.sh"."

But I got up to downloading a script file but it took my to a page full of
code, do i need to copy and paste and turn into .exe? Sorry rusty at linux,
used it in school to learn java programming, should of watched him dual boot
all the cpu's in the class. If you can point me in the right dir it would be
appreciated.