f10dvd installs but won't boot

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu May 7 01:13:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 10:41 +1000, David wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 14:49 -0700, jackson byers wrote:
> >> I finally went back to my fc5   and put a space and a "3"  at end of kernel line
> >> in the f10 grub.conf.
> >> This got me to login
>
> > well, it won't do you any good since you are not getting past grub
>
> My (differing) interpretation of the above is that he is reporting
> success at reaching text login in f10. But like much of what he
> writes, it is hard to be sure what he is actually saying.
----
it doesn't make sense that he can't boot from his F10 installation
directly but chainload to his FC5 installation which gives him a boot
menu that boots his F10 installation.

That almost begs to get the full copies of both /boot/grub/grub.conf and
compare them.

But in reality, if he's never successfully logged in to F10, the problem
booting with the scsi_mod kernel parameter in order to have a working
initrd on first bootup would be solved by re-installing F10 again by
booting the DVD with the kernel parameter invoked when starting the
install itself and save a whole bunch of grief.

Craig

believed to be clean.