Fedora sendmail auth

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Fri May 8 19:39:53 UTC 2009

I have some crappy laptop running windoze and I want to connect to my home
server to send and receive my mail. I got the dovecot/imap side working
but I need to know what to do to be allowed to use my server at home which
runs sendmail as my SMTP server. Is there a gentle howto that's uptodate
WRT F~10? Can I just auth by password or do I really need to go the whole
certificate magilla? What packages are needed?

TIA

steveo at syslang.net