Hi, I need your help! i don't have sound...

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Fri May 8 20:05:18 UTC 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 18:13, Monchs wrote:
> Hi. I have a problem with the sound, I explain to them, have a sound card
> pci that does not recognize me the system. And neither with the integrated
> one I have sound. The specifications are the following ones according to
> hardware lister: My MB Pc Chips M810DLU
>
> The sound card is:
> product: CA0106 Soundblaster [1102:7]
> vendor: Creative Labs [1102]

> the integrated:
>
> product: AC'97 Sound Controller [1039:7012]
> vendor: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] [1039]

> If they need more information only ask for it!!
> thanks!

Which Fedora version are you using? Fedora8,9,and 10 all have pulseaudio
installed, so opening alsamixer on the CLI will by default only show the
pulseaudio control/s. Open alsamixer as below to see all controls for your
cards.

alsamixer -D hw:0       (this will show controls for the onboard card if it is
card0)
alsamixer -D hw:1       (this will show controls for the creative card, if it
is card1)

Something may be muted, or sliders may need to be pushed up. The M key toggles
mute/unmute.

Please post the output of the commands below.

cat /proc/asound/cards
/sbin/lsmod | grep snd

The first command above will show if both cards are detected, and are in the
correct order, with the onboard one as card0, and the creative one as card1.

Post back the above stuff first, so that we can see how things are at the
moment.

Nigel.