What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

NiftyFedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Sat May 9 04:17:35 UTC 2009

On 5/7/09, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing a quick survey for software that you use on a regular basis
> that is not available via the Fedora repository. Software that you
> suggest should be free and open source, free of patent and other legal
> issues.

Plugins for 64 bit  Firefox are a tangle.
This is especially so if Opera and other
browsers are installed.
An 'alternates' solution for Firefox(32|64)
would be nice.
Not as nice as a Adobe moving to 64 bit..
but flash and friends are not the only plugins
in the world.
It might help if Firefox/Mozilla had a plugin
petition button that could be launched if
a plugin was unavailable.  A score card
might help "geter" done.

--
        NiftyFedora