Fedora 11 fail because of Anaconda :(

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 9 14:07:11 UTC 2009

Paul wrote:
> Have you tried a plain old filesystem, such as ext3 or ext2, without LVM or
> anything fancy schmancy?
>
> Not that I am a big fan of Anaconda, far from it, but always go back to the
> basics when other things don't work.

The problem is that we have had ext4 since FC9, and regressing the performance
to get around a bug in the installer seems silly. I have another way to get
around it, don't install it until it's fixed.

It's hard to tell if the lack of 32 bit issues is from lack of a problem or
people using virtual machines and full disk installs. But the inability to test
on bare iron is going to be an issue eventually.

> - Paul
>
> P.S.: Installs fine so far on everything I have tested it on, be it 5 years
> old or still bleeding along the edges.

I'm pulling the 32 bit snapshot now, just to see if this is a 64 bit problem or
generic.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>