APOLOGY Re: Software request

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sat May 9 15:19:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, 08 May 2009 14:48:24 -0700, Paul wrote:

>> 	Eventually, after various warnings, it does show both
>> the stick and the file system to put on it, as well as a live "Format"
>> button.
>>
>> 	Then nothing more happens. No matter how long I leave
>> it (up to half a day), gnome-format shows no sign of doing anything;
>> and the stuff on the stick is still there.
>>

> Did you unmount the media before formatting?

	No, I hadn't even thought of that; I'd've guessed not even this
app could see it if I did. But I tried it, and sure enough, that stick is
now blank. No name, no U3 foulness, nothing afaict -- except that F10
sees it as an "8.2 GB media" with "7.6 GB available," despite having "0
items" on it. I don't see where that odd 0.6 GB might be ...

	Many, many thanks!