Backing up whole system

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun May 10 01:17:20 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 19:32 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> So where does the rpm install it?  Should it not find stuff in /bin before it
> looks in /usr/bin?  And in /usr/lib before it looks in /usr/local/lib (or
> libexec).??
>
> However, my $PATH has those locations interchanged.  I don't recall re-writing
> that in the last year+ though.  Shrug...
----
I am no shell expert but when I type 'echo $PATH', /usr/local/bin comes
before /usr/bin and /usr/local/sbin comes before /usr/sbin so it would
seem to me that it is standard behavior to execute binaries
from /usr/local/... first if found.

That has also been my experience in the past when I have compiled
secondary installation of openldap/openssl/kerberos/cyrus-sasl because
of the outdated installations on previous RHEL setups and it was
virtually impossible to remove the base installation libraries of these
packages because of dependencies.

Thus installing the amanda rpm's without first removing your source
installation was doomed before you began.

Craig

believed to be clean.