How to redirect http to https with Apache/SVN/SSL

I am trying to solve one last problem with my
Apache/SVN/SSL with http to http redirection.

Is it possible to do?

Here is what I have in my subversion.conf file:
=======================================
<VirtualHost host.domain.com:80>
   ServerName host.domain.com
   RequestHeader edit Destination ^http https early
   #Redirect / https://host.domain.com/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost host.domain.com:443>
   [...]
</VirtualHost>
=======================================

Using the following works:
$ svn list https://host.domain.com/svn/svn1
branches/
tags/
trunk/

But using the following with either RequestHeader or Redirect fails:
$ svn list http://host.domain.com/svn/svn1
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/svn1'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/svn1': 405 Method Not Allowed (http://host.domain.com)

Is there a way to make this work?

Dan