comcast, port 25, and postfix?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu May 14 09:52:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009 08:40:07 +0200 (CEST)
Johan Swensson wrote:

> Port 25 is also used for receiving mail.
> My guess is your ISP blocked port 25 for incoming connections due to someone using your postfix for relaying spam.

Nope, I don't have port 25 open on my router, I'm sure there can't
be any incoming traffic. And since last night I've had a perl script
monitoring my router's output log looking for port 25 activity
and it hasn't seen any so far (except the one time I tried
to connect to work just to make sure it showed up in the log).

More and more, I suspect comcast is just making stuff up
to justify blocking port 25 (which is odd since they
don't really need any justification :-).