cups printers disabled randomely

Randy Easley REasley at Teleflora.com
Fri May 15 20:13:08 UTC 2009

> What ?signal? does CUPS get to disable the printer? Does it come from the

> system lpd somewhere?

I will let some with the know how comment on that part

> How can I track it? Cups error_log give no information.

Try setting the Loglevel to debug. It may point to something specific,

just a thought.

Already tried everything possible from cupsd.conf..  If printer is offline it will disable- no matter what you change.

I want to believe it's a possible network issues, but if I knew why...
I'd rather just completely disable/ignore the "disabling printer option"  :)
Also, I'm not sure how to write a custom policy, if that's what it takes.

Thanks for forwarding on... there are other forums who share this pain.