SELinux preventing D-Bus starting ConsoleKit etc - Was: F10 - pulseaudio not running

Mike Fleetwood mike.fleetwood at googlemail.com
Wed May 20 21:33:54 UTC 2009

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 05/20/2009 04:23 AM, Mike Fleetwood wrote:
>> I have identified that my issues are caused by SELinux.  I have
>> rebooted with enforcing=0 to switch SELinux into permissive mode and
>> ConsoleKit and Pulseaudio start correctly and audacious plays music.
>> Even after performing a full relabelling of the SELinux security
>> context of all files by touching /.autorelabel and rebooting, SELinux
>> in enforcing is preventing D-Bus starting ConsoleKit and Pulseaudio
>> starting.  Investigation into SELinux continuing.
>>
>> E.g. SELinux in enforcing mode:
>> [root at mfleetwo3 ~]# id -Z
>> unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh
>> [root at mfleetwo3 ~]# service messagebus status
>> env: /etc/init.d/messagebus: Permission denied
>>
>> and SELinux in permissive mode:
>> [root at mfleetwo3 ~]# service messagebus status
>> dbus-daemon (pid 2736 2055) is running...
>>
> Are you fully yum update on selinux policy?
>

> yum -y upgrade selinux-policy-targeted

SELinux is fully update to date.

[root at mfleetwo3 ~]# yum -y upgrade selinux-policy-targeted
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Upgrade Process
No Packages marked for Update

[root at mfleetwo3 ~]# rpm -qa | egrep 'selinux|policy'
checkpolicy-2.0.16-3.fc10.i386
libselinux-devel-2.0.78-1.fc10.i386
selinux-policy-targeted-3.5.13-59.fc10.noarch
libselinux-2.0.78-1.fc10.i386
libselinux-utils-2.0.78-1.fc10.i386
policycoreutils-2.0.57-17.fc10.i386
selinux-policy-3.5.13-59.fc10.noarch
libselinux-python-2.0.78-1.fc10.i386
[root at mfleetwo3 ~]# rpm -qa | egrep 'selinux|policy' | xargs rpm -V

Thanks,
Mike