firefox

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu May 21 20:09:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 13:38 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> > > My understanding is that evince does not operate as a plugin, as the Adobe
> > > Acrobat reader can/does (at least, under Windows).
> > >
> > > If you can find a PDF reader that can act as a plugin to firefox, under
> > > Linux, you should be able to accomplish what you want to do.
> > >
> > Okular is a multi-format reader and works as a plugin.  It is a kde
> > application, so will require some libraries.
>
> I use Okular, but it doesn't embed the doc in a FF tab. It opens a new
> tab (my FF is set to open new pages in a separate tab) and then displays
> the doc in its own window outside FF. The new tab is empty and useless.
> I don't know if any of this is configurable.
----
My experience with Adobe_Reader_enu suggests that this is preferred
behavior because it operates in its own memory space instead of within
Firefox which has been problematic. I have been known to install
Adobe_Reader and remove the FF plugin just to get that behavior.

Craig

believed to be clean.