F11p Wine?

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Mon May 25 18:25:31 UTC 2009

On 05/25/2009 12:09 PM, Beartooth wrote:

>> That's normal, installing an app installs its dependencies, removing the
>> app again does not remove those dependencies, because they might also be
>> used by other stuff or directly by you. They're not inverse operations.

   If filesystems worked like this we'd be in a right pickle - this
sounds wrong to me ... simplest to implement but wrong.

   It should track dependencies - by use ref counting or whatever ...
the database / dependency graph should be global not local to each package.

   May be normal, but really is not optimal.

   The ideas behind this are similar to filesystems and SCM tools like
git - a lot of work has alrady gone into these kind of issues ... would
git make a good backend to rpm/yum I wonder ...