F9 -> F11 with only 1 partition

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue May 26 13:10:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 17:20:16 -0400,
  Dave Feustel <dfeustel at mindspring.com> wrote:

> This sounds like a plan. Where an I buy an installer DVD? I am not set up
> to burn DVDs/CDs.

Maybe you can have a friend burn one for you?

Another alternative is to use a usb drive. I know you can use a tool to make
live images bootable off a usb device, probably there is a way to do it
for install images as well.

You could do a yum upgrade to f10 and then another to f11. (You can't go
directly from f9 to f11 because of changes to rpm formats.)

If you have a rescue image available, you could resize your filesystem and
then modify the partition to match, making room for another partition.
I expect this would be easy to make a mistake with though. And might be
too risky for your tastes.