hardware for fedora

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Wed May 27 06:33:28 UTC 2009

2009/5/26 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
>> I happen to have mine with an NVidia NVS290, but the built in Intel
>> GMA3100 seems to work well too.
>
> It actually works better as it doesn't need proprietary third-party drivers.
> The GMA3100 just works out of the box. NVidia is a PITA.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

I don't find it a PITA (I have akmod-nvidia installed) and the 3D
performance of the Intel chipset is not great enough to satisfy the
applications that some of my users run.

I appreciate the point that Intel is much more open in it's driver
development and I wish NVidia were the same, but they're not and I
decided to sacrifice a little freedom for a lot of performance.

--
Sam