[Was: Countdown is on... 13 days until F12 stable] - changing repos?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Nov 5 02:52:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 13:46:31 +1100,
  Philip Rhoades <phil at pricom.com.au> wrote:

> I currently have F12 Beta installed (2.6.31.5-96.fc12.x86_64) -
> thanks to everyone involved with developing Fedora over the years!.
> Once the stable version is released, do I have to change the repos
> in /etc/yum.repos.d to get off Rawhide?

Usually by this time the repo files poinmt to the next release rather
than rawhide. But you should take a look at them to make sure. If during
an update they are seen to be exactly the same as what was installed by
the version being removed they don't get replaced. Instead you get an
.rpmnew file. If that has happened you'll want to manually intervene.