Re: Saving Flash

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 20:52 -0500, Marcel Rieux wrote:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan gmail com> wrote:

However these methods don't always work. I seem to remember seeing sites
that unlink the /tmp file immediately after creating it. If that happens
you'd need to poke around in /proc/<pid-of-flash-player>/fd.
The day you succeed in saving a flv file at the CBC, the BBC or any
other place where the file does not readily appear in /tmp, you tell
me. All the steps. I'll be glad to double-check.

Since I don't live in the UK or Canada, and hence cannot get access to
these streams, the question is moot.

Clue: proxy

BTW, if the stream doesn't appear in /tmp, have you tried "lsof|grep
<name--of-flash-player>"

poc

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>