Saving Flash

Howard Eisenberger howarde at gmx.net
Wed Nov 18 08:11:17 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-17, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>>> The day you succeed in saving a flv file at the CBC, the BBC or any
>>> other place where the file does not readily appear in /tmp, you tell
>>> me. All the steps. I'll be glad to double-check.
>>
>> Since I don't live in the UK or Canada, and hence cannot get access to
>> these streams, the question is moot.
>>
> Clue: proxy

I live in Canada and can't even play the videos at cbc.ca/video/
with Adobe Flash 10 on Debian or Solaris (sparc), although it
works under wine. I have been told that Mac also works.

I was unable to start the secure? RTMP stream using flvstreamer,
although I believe it can be "captured". There is also copyright.

The original video in question ("The Warning") is, in fact, a
PBS (Frontline) production, which I was able to play using Adobe
Flash at a couple of places there without wine.

Howard E.