low res after F12 upgrade

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Thu Nov 19 00:29:42 UTC 2009

Greg Woods wrote, On 12/23/-28158 02:59 PM:
> On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 14:28 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
>> You can probably make an xorg.conf file to get around this.
>
> I don't think I have enough knowledge of xorg.conf internals to do this.
> I may just have a go at an over-the-top install if this is my only
> option.
>
> --Greg

You mentioned being able to "restore my F11 system from backup".
Did that backup have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file?
if so, try pulling a copy of just that file which may have the appropriate [h|v]sync and mode lines
in it.
another alternative is if /var/log/Xorg.0.log* got backed up, restore those to /tmp and look in them
for the appropriate information (takes a bit to grok them, but the info is there).

Todd, who is thanking himself for backing up the /etc/X11/xorg.conf from the old laptop that
recently got updated. :)
--
Todd Denniston