F12 fixed the sound problems F11 introduced on my machine, and does better automatic X config

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 02:45:57 UTC 2009

I had the dreaded "low volume" problem with Fedora 11, and none of the
things I tried would fix it, but with Fedora 12 I don't have the problem.
Woo-hoo!

Also, Fedora 12 figured out by itself to put my two monitors side-by-side,
rather than mirrored.  With Fedora 11 it took me several hours to figure out
how to craft a suitable xorg.conf, but with Fedora 12 it "just works".

Kudos to everyone involved!

Eric