Gnome: Fedora 12 Cant get rid of USA keyboard definition.

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 03:14:57 UTC 2009

Cant get rid of USA keyboard definition.

Dont know what to do in regards to filing a bug. My system default has the French Canadian keyboard ca(fr) as the default.  In fact, when my user was created, it was not selected, and I had the USA keyboard as default (GNOME).

Adding the "French Canadian" in GNOME and setting it as a default in GNOME does not work until I delete the USA entry, after which the keyboard characters are translated correctly until logout. In logging in again, my French Canadian Keyboard is still the default, but the USA definition is has returned, not as a default, but has usurped the CF keyboard. How do I fix this problem permenantly?