Running without sound hardware

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Nov 19 04:48:39 UTC 2009

It looks as if the problem I was trying to bug report with metacity crashing is
due to lack of sound hardware. Even though I disabled generation of stupid
sounds in preferences, doing anything which might generate a sound causes a
metacity crash.

The things I was doing were clicking another desktop in the selector or trying
to use TAB to complete a filename.

Anyone running in real or virtual hardware with no sound seeing this?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>