suggestions about dvd photo slideshows

s skelly99 at swbell.net
Thu Nov 19 11:03:49 UTC 2009

On 11/18/2009 09:18 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

> Thanks.
> I'm going to try this.
> I've found slcreator too; it should provide a gui frontend to
> dvd-slideshow, but depends on /usr/bin/gbx that should be related to
> gambas.
> Many gambas2 packages for F12 but it seems none gives gbx....
> any pointer?
>
> I would like to suggest this kind of solution to a friend of mine
> converted to Linux and who has no familiarity with command line, so
> that a GUI would be fine.
>
> Gianluca

Per this page, http://slcreator.sourceforge.net/,  it states that
slcreator was written with gambas 1.0.15-1 and you would need the
packages: gambas-runtime, gambas-gb-qt, gambas-gb-qt-ext, and gambas-gb-sdl.

I tried it with gambas2 on Fedora 11 and it would not install. F11 does
provide gambas 1.0.19-10 which allows the program to install and run.
F12 appears to only have gambas2 packages in the repository.

The current release of slcreator-0.7.1 was 15 June 2006, so it seems to
be a stagnate project.