Saving Flash

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:17:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Howard Eisenberger <howarde at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 2009-11-18, Marcel Rieux wrote:
>
>>> I live in Canada and can't even play the videos at cbc.ca/video/
>>
>> Nothing works from this address for me either. You've got to go to
>> the program's site and click the screen that presents the video.
>
> Same difference. What happens when you do "click the screen"?
> Can you watch the full-length video or not?

Go to page:

<http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/passionateeyeshowcase/2009/thewarning/>

Scroll down to below the screen:

Watch Full Episodes Online

(...)

The WarningHidden story of the economic meltdown reveals early warning
signals that might have prevented it all from happening.

If you click this link, you will get the video. But if you click the
link "Watch full episode of The Passionate Eye", you get to:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/The_Passionate_Eye

and, there, nothing is available. IOW, whereas Flash video is readily
available to Linux users on any other site, the CBC manages to
restrict access to them.

Those people are a piss-off!