F12 installs report here.

Mick M. off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 20 01:02:32 UTC 2009

Hi;
  I just upgraded from F11 to F12 using the 64 bit DVD.
This was from an x64 install of F11 freshly updated minutes before.

It went well.

I logged in as 'mick', then had to select KDE from the tiny unobtrusive and hard to see taskbar menu, then I entered my password.

I got a graphics screen with a little test box in the upper left corner.

"kstartupconfig4 does not exist or fails.
The error code is 127.
Check your installation"

So I logged in again, this time into Gnome.
I got the normal gui screen with icons.
I tried to run "terminal" or whatever the console is under apps/system.
It would not start.
I then tried "file manager" dolphin, which also would not start.
No message, just nothing.

So I ctl-alt-f2 and logged in as root.
Then "yum upgrade".

Install 54 packages, upgrade 594 packages, 703M download.

Once it was done the system works fine in KDE.

Although the icon labels are hard to read, dark blue box with black text and white shadowing???

It looks blurry.

Also the taskbar is striped diagonally - nasty.

Mick M.

Standard guarantee applies - 30 feet or 30 seconds, whichever comes first.