How to record internal sound on f11 w/audacity

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Fri Nov 20 06:33:30 UTC 2009

I managed to figure this out using f? several releases back but have
been unable to determine how to record internal sounds (e.g., while
listen to ogg file with xmms heard on speakers) using audacity. I have
the default f11 sound setup (pulse?) and my "sound card" is built-in to
motherboard type via8237 I think (as shown on mixer kde applet, or
possibly ac'97, not sure what it's called). Any pointer appreciated.

-gene
P/s: I am able to edit exiting ogg and/or mp3 file in audacity by simply
running the file, no problem with that.