Graphical video not working after yum upgrade from fedora 11 to fedora 12

David García Granda dgranda at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 08:38:01 UTC 2009

Hi John,

> I had an up to date fedora 11 install that was working fine.  I followed the
> instructions on the wiki for doing a yum upgrade and everything seemed to go
> very well until I rebooted and things hung as the graphical interface (I use
> KDE) was to boot.  I am able to boot into single user mode and run level 3
> and things appear to be fine.  I just can not get the graphical display. Any
> help would be appreciated.

I had some minor issues with the open driver (aka nouveau) when
upgrading to Fedora 12 and in my investigations I found a couple of
interesting links for people using the proprietary one:

- Official howto from RPM Fusion: http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia
- Personal blog with similar problem (solved):
http://linuxsoftwareblog.com/blog/?p=232

HTH,

David