Is F12 ready to upgrade ? Is it worth it ?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Nov 25 17:28:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 18:20 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 11/25/2009 05:13 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > I'm perplexed by the posts I am seeing regarding F12 upgrades.  Lots of
> > upgrade issues and darn faint praise as far as I can tell ?
>
> AFAICT, almost all of the upgrade issues are related to preupgrade
> demands on /boot's sizes ;-)
----
I don't think so. The list reports seem to center on the big scary
warning about /boot size but that warning is intentional.

In my case, anaconda literally hung at the end of the process and I have
seen another report that claimed the same thing.

I think perhaps preupgrade should automatically remove all but the
latest and if not the same, the currently running kernel to make all
possible space in /boot.

Craig

believed to be clean.