F12 KDE - slow response when clicking task bar items

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 27 04:33:17 UTC 2009

Since I upgraded to F12, I have noticed that it is very slow to respond
to clicks in the task bar - i.e., a long delay if I click the 'fedora'
start button or any of the applications in the 'Task Switcher' widget.

Discernibly slower than F11

FWIW, I am booting with nomodesetting option and using 'nv' driver with
an xorg.conf setting (the same as I was using in F11) because I simply
cannot get 1280x1024 with the nouveau driver, even with 'nomodesetting'
boot option.

Anyone else notice this? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Craig

believed to be clean.