Fedora 12: Virtualization Manager issues.

Tanner Danzey arkaniad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 02:56:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM, suvayu ali
<fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com<fatkasuvayu%2Blinux at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> 2009/11/27 Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net>:
> > On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:16:48 -0600
> > Tanner Danzey wrote:
> >
> >> "dbus already started"
> >>
> >> Do i need a dbus session on my -client-?
> >> Cause if i do, ill just give up (Im using windows as a client right now)
> >
> > You probably need one running somewhere that has a valid X display
> > anyway, because the polkit daemon is the one that pops up the
> > dialog asking for the root password. (I think, I'm never sure
> > what they've done to me with all this junk).
> >
> > Of course, the other option is just to ssh in as root, who should
> > be able to run virt-manager directly.
> >

> Doesn't the OP need to have X windows for that as well? Correct me if
> I am wrong, but I think the only way to do anything with
> virtualization without X is to use kvm commands by hand with the
> daemon flag set.

 I use Xming. I bet this is all happening because i can't just vnc directly,
you have to unlock the keyring every time the system logs into my account (I
have autologin set up). If i could unlock the keyring via SSH for the whole
session, or something, i would gladly just use vnc and then it would more
than likely work.

Is it possible to unlock the keyring automatically on login/startup or
unlock it from command line? If so, that would kill two birds with one stone
:)