Missing space on flash drive

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 30 04:18:40 UTC 2009

.:: [F]usion[S]tream ::. -- online wrote:
> The total size is mostly correct with regards to Sandisk's 16GB
> actually being 16billion byes. What is a new filesystem displaying
> false used space readings? What is happening?

When creating a file system, some bytes are reserved for overhead.  How
many bytes depends on different things:  The default reserved for that
file system, or you picking a different amount.  If you use different
tools to deal with the file system, they might use different defaults.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.