Re: kmail eating my maildir???

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 12:27 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I do not use any kind of proxy and I do use both kmail and thunderbird
> with maildir mail over imap

For some parts of this conversation, you can equate proxy and server.
i.e. Directly accessing messages as local files with your mail client,
versus indirectly (however that's being achieved).

If you use IMAP, then the IMAP server's configuration determines how it
stores your mail (maildir, mbox, or otherwise).  Your mail client
doesn't control that, at all, doesn't care, and doesn't even know.  Your
mail client may also keep a local cache, and it can do that however it
likes.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686