[Fedora-livecd-list] Booting from Flash?

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Tue Nov 8 11:24:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 10:24 -0400, Darren Humphrey wrote:
> I am having some success making a bootable livecd, but my ultimate goal is
> to boot from a compact flash card.
>
> I found an article from someone who did it with knoppix:
>
> http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8275095591.html
>
> Any ideas on how to do the same with Fedora?

AFAIK, anaconda doesn't support installation on a CF. However, if you
get a minimal package set installed on a CF adapter (that masks it as
ide), use clever mount options (minimise writes), I'm sure you can boot
off CF

A lot of these boards have an ide controller that use a cf as a disk.
However, a minimal package set will not be small...
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/