[Fedora-livecd-list] help with following fedoranews how to

Kevin V veragoo at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Thu Nov 10 09:01:46 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am attempting to create a FC4 live cd for the first time.
I have followed the how to at
http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Creating_a_Fedora_Core_4_LiveCD#remastering_the_iso

- I however got confused at the step: tar cvzf livecd.tar.gz
livecd.tar.gz
Which i replace with: tar cvzf livecd.tar.gz livecd

- Secondly I did a mkfs image/livelinuxcd.vhd, before doing the tune2fs
steps, since I was getting an error with the latter complaining about
not being a valid block device.

Other than those two diversions, I did as on the how to!

I now get an error when booting the cd that says, ->
 pivot_root: pivot_root: No such file or directory
 init started: BusyBox v 0.60.2 ...
 Bummer, could not run '/etc/init.d/rcS': No such file or directory <-

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks
Kevin