[Fedora-livecd-list] Interesting note about kadischi

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at jpopmail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:53:06 UTC 2005

I currently use kadischi on Fedora Core 4 with Anaconda-runtime 10.2.1.5-2.
My previous problem was related to the rawhide version of anaconda with is
by far incomplete and unstable due to the use of yum-api.
Anaconda on FC4 was able to fully install rawhide but the problem occured
on post-installation:

  $ sudo kadischi http://fedora.mirrored.ca/fedora/4/i386/os/ /tmp/livecd/fedora-live.iso
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Starting kadischi...
Parsing command line arguments
Checking UID
Using buildstamp file /etc/kadischi/buildstamp.
Product path set to Fedora.
Now we are going to try to validate your repository (for now, only http, ftp and local repositories can be checked)
URL http://fedora.mirrored.ca/fedora/4/i386/os contacted. OK
URL http://fedora.mirrored.ca/fedora/4/i386/os/Fedora contacted. OK
URL http://fedora.mirrored.ca/fedora/4/i386/os/Fedora/base contacted. OK
URL http://fedora.mirrored.ca/fedora/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS contacted. OK
Repository seems to be OK.
Checking required packages
Looking for config file
Loadnig config file options

  ***  running anaconda  ***

* Display mode = t
* Method = http://fedora.mirrored.ca/fedora/4/i386/os
Probing for video card:   NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)
Probing for monitor type:   L1730S
Probing for mouse type:   Skipped mouse probe.
* anaconda floppy device fd0

  ***  anaconda has finished the job ***

running post installation scripts
/usr/local/share/kadischi/post_install_scripts/01umountproc.sh
/usr/local/share/kadischi/post_install_scripts/02install.sh
/usr/local/share/kadischi/post_install_scripts/03fstab.py
/usr/local/share/kadischi/post_install_scripts/04auth.sh
/usr/local/share/kadischi/post_install_scripts/04auth.sh: line 3: chroot: command not found
/usr/local/share/kadischi/post_install_scripts/04auth.sh: line 5: chroot: command not found
/usr/local/share/kadischi/post_install_scripts/04auth.sh: line 7: chroot: command not found

  ***  Fatal error: /usr/local/share/kadischi/post_install_scripts/04auth.sh returned non zero (32512) exit code. Aborting execution.

Cleaning up temporary files...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/kadischi/kadischi.py", line 248, in ?
    run ("%s %s" % (script, sysdir), builddir)
  File "/usr/local/share/kadischi/lib/functions.py", line 115, in run
    cleanup (builddir)
  File "/usr/local/share/kadischi/lib/functions.py", line 107, in cleanup
    clean_directory (builddir)
  File "/usr/local/share/kadischi/lib/functions.py", line 83, in clean_directory    keep_child_directories)
  File "/usr/local/share/kadischi/lib/functions.py", line 83, in clean_directory    keep_child_directories)
  File "/usr/local/share/kadischi/lib/functions.py", line 83, in clean_directory    keep_child_directories)
  File "/usr/local/share/kadischi/lib/functions.py", line 80, in clean_directory    if os.path.isdir (path) and not os.path.islink (path):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/posixpath.py", line 195, in isdir

That kind of problem happend because kadischi installed on /usr/local/share instead of /usr/share.  Is there a reason
why that installation is not the same on kadischi documentations? I heard the document assumed users run rescue CD.
I am not very familiar with python yet. I think this case should be solved.