[Fedora-livecd-list] Unionfs for live CD?

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 00:18:09 UTC 2006

--- Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has the use of unionfs <http://www.am-utils.org/project-unionfs.html>
> be considered for the Fedora live CD i.s.o. bind mounts?

Yup.  Search the list.  Mainly it is the stability/features issue that
prevents it from being accepted into fedora, and thus precludes it from
official fedora livecds.  I posted an iso and related initialization
that utilized unionfs, though only at a proof of concept quality level.

Also, it may be somewhat obsolete now, as linux-from-scratch moved from
unionfs, to a device mapper snapshot architecture which accomplishes
the same thing, without unionfs deficiencies.  The pilgrim project
which has also been discussed on this list has implemented that
architecture for fedora core based livecds.  That's probably what you
want to check out.

-dmc/jdog