[Fedora-livecd-list] Question- Has the booting problem been fixed?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 17:52:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 13:37 -0400, Ahm ed wrote:
> The Problem:
> Booting the Fedora 7 live cd fails with an error about not being able
> to mount the root filesystem.
>
> There are examples of users problems here:
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=151292&page=2&pp=15
>
> I have on numerous occasions heard/read there were fixes but still
> have not seen any. Is this a known problem, with a known fix coming?
> Anyone know?

With test1, there were some pata drivers which weren't included as well
as one of the main sata drivers being just entirely busted.

Especially with test3, though, I don't know of any specific cases where
there should be problems.  If people are having problems, we need to
have bugs filed with the specific details of their hardware (and one per
person, instead of 5 people piling into the same bug with different
hardware) to try to track down the problem.

Jeremy