Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Fix yum to not look at host config

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 18:13 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	So, I've been seeing two symptoms which suggested that yum was looking
> at the hosts config/cache, when clearly the code is trying it's best not
> to:
[snip]
> 	Attached is a patch which fixes this, I think. It writes out its own
> yum.conf so that the host's repos never get initialised and uses the
> installroot config item which seems to do a better job of restricting
> yum to the install root.

Looks pretty good.  I need to finish up the generic changes so that you
can just define a yum config object without having to do the file
parsing I think, but this is good for now :)

> 	There's one fly in the ointment, though - now that we're properly
> caching in the install root, we hit a bug whereby we can't tell yum to
> close these caches before we unmount. See:
>    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/236409
> 	The second patch I've attached is a pretty brute force workaround for
> this.

Ugly, but it'll work for the moment.  And we'll get something like that
added into upstream yum and can then switch over to using that for here.

Committed

Jeremy